How to Upsell and Cross-Sell Your Online Courses?
How to Upsell and Cross-Sell Your Online Courses?
If you've ever run an online course, then you know how important it is to get people to sign up. But with over 100 million students enrolling in online courses each year, it can be hard to keep them interested. In this article we'll talk about how you can upsell and cross-sell your online courses so that more people sign up for your program.
What is the difference between upselling and cross-selling?
Upselling and cross-selling are both sales techniques that can help you sell more of your course.
The difference between upselling and cross-selling is that with upselling, you're trying to convince the customer to buy a different product than what they originally purchased. For example: If someone buys your course on how to do X, then you might try to convince them that it would be better if they also bought Y. This is called "upselling" because you're suggesting something more expensive as an alternative option in order for this person not only to get what they wanted but also save money by getting everything at once!
In contrast with this method of selling courses or other products online (like software), cross-sells occur when two different types of products come together within one platform such as when we talked about our previous example where someone bought both courses X & Y within one account - so now instead of having just one account where we had both courses available all over again without knowing which one worked best for each user since there were two options we could choose from now!
The Pros of Upselling and Cross-Selling
Upselling and cross-selling are powerful tools that can help you increase revenue, more customers and customer satisfaction. Upselling is the process of asking your customers to buy additional products or services after they have purchased a product or service. Cross-Selling is when you sell other products & services that complement what your existing customers are buying.
In case you’re wondering why upsells are so effective, here are some reasons:
- • They increase revenue by increasing the average order value (AOV). For example, if an upsell increases your AOV from $100 to $120, then this means more money in your pocket!
- • They increase customer satisfaction because it shows how much value you offer them by making sure they get exactly what they want without any hassle at all!
How to upsell and cross-sell your online courses
Here are some ways to upsell and cross-sell your online courses:
- • Offer a free trial. This is one of the most effective ways to upsell, because it gives people an opportunity to try out your course before they commit. You can also offer additional content as part of the trial, such as videos or slideshows that complement what they're learning in their first lesson.
- • Offer webinars or live events. These give you another opportunity for interaction with potential customers who might not have taken advantage of your free trial yet—and could end up buying more if they like what they hear during these sessions! For example, you could present at an upcoming conference where attendees can interact directly with experts from within your industry on topics related to yours (or even other unrelated ones). Or maybe there's something else going on locally where members would love hearing about what it takes being successful entrepreneurs? If so then maybe having some speakers come speak would be worth its own ticket price alone! The possibilities are endless here; just remember two things: firstly; make sure everything aligns well within yourself personally so that these opportunities don't feel forced upon yourself by others' demands (this goes doubly true if those demands come from family members); secondly; avoid putting too much pressure on yourself throughout this process as there will likely be times when things don't go quite according plan anyway so try not worry too much - just keep moving forward towards success regardless.
Upsell with a free trial period
In order to upsell and cross-sell, you’re going to want to offer a free trial period. This is an important part of your sales process because it allows you to get more customers who may not be ready for the full course but can still benefit from what they see during their free trial.
In particular, make sure that the length of this free trial is long enough so that it gives customers a feel for what they will experience with your course (and how long it will take) before making any commitments or paying money up front. This way, if someone isn't interested in taking advantage of the benefits offered by the full course after seeing how effective it was during their basic training session, then he or she won't feel obligated into buying anything else just yet—he/she'll simply go back later on when they're ready!
Upsell with content upgrades
Content upgrades are additional content that you can provide to your customers after they have purchased your product.
Content upgrades can be used to upsell customers and increase their buying power, which is why it's important for you to include them in the first place. For example, if someone purchases an e-course on how to make money from home, then you could offer them another course focusing on how to build their business using specific tools or methods (such as using Facebook ads). The more information they have about what success looks like for them personally and professionally, the more likely they'll be willing to pay for what comes next!
Upsell with a webinar or live event
One way to upsell is by hosting a webinar or live event. This can be a lot of work, so it’s worth considering if you have the time and resources to do this. You could offer an incentive for people who sign up for your course before the webinar or live event, such as:
- • A discount code that gives them access to extra content (e.g., free downloads)
- • Early bird pricing on future events (e.g., $10 off)
Cross-sell with an upgraded membership level
If you're teaching a course, it's important to make sure that your students feel like they're getting their money's worth. So how can you do this? One way is by offering an upgrade level that provides more value than the standard membership plan.
Moreover, there's no risk involved in doing so—you just have to attract people who want what you have (in this case: knowledge), then sell them something else (the course).
Cross-sell with complementary courses
Complementary courses are the flip side of the upsell. With complementary courses, you’re selling something that will help students get all the benefits of your main course but for less cost, and in some cases free. This way both parties win.
With some creative thinking, you can use these strategies to increase your revenue.
When thinking about upselling and cross-selling, it's important to remember that they aren't the same thing. Upselling is an idea that involves selling a premium product with a lower price so that you can attract more customers who are willing to pay more for your product. Cross-selling is when you sell another product as well—one that complements or enhances the original one.
Upselling can be used in any industry, but it works particularly well in businesses where there's not much competition (like e-commerce). If you want to increase revenue through upsells, then think about how you can make your existing offering more attractive at various points along its journey from end user through buyer until the final purchase decision is made!
This article is a great place to start, but it can also be overwhelming. The good news is that the strategies we’ve discussed are all fairly simple and straightforward, so you should feel confident in trying them out.
An online course platform, such as EzyCourse, where you can publish your courses, create upsells and the ability to offer them at checkout are some of the most critical tools you need to upsell your course. EzyCourse’s smart upsell is a feature never offered by anyone else! You can add up to 20 add-ons per product. And in each of those add-ons, EzyCourse gives you unlimited item addition options. Offer unlimited product access, attract more leads with EzyCourse and sell like a pro!
So, why wait? Get started for free right now!
If you have any questions or concerns about implementing these strategies, don’t hesitate to reach out! We’re happy to help with anything from product creation through ongoing support.